Rideau Valley Diabetes Services is committed to ensuring that our services improve the lives of people living with diabetes in Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Counties. Our team of diabetes nurses, dietitians and receptionists need the input of our local physicians and nurse practitioners to help us improve our diabetes education services.
Please take a moment to complete the Physician & NP Evaluation of RVDS Services form. The information you provide will be reviewed only by our evaluation coordinator and director and will be used in our program planning process.
Click here for the PDF version of the evaluation. Please print, complete and fax to our Smiths Falls office at 613-284-2591.
If you have any questions about this evaluation, please contact our office at: Smiths Falls 613-284-2558 or Brockville 613-498-1555.
Thank you for your ongoing support of RVDS.
We recently revised our referral form to simplify the referral process for all primary care or community providers. All our services are provided at no cost to clients.
1) We have increased our outreach by providing more appointments and groups in communities outside of Smiths Falls and Brockville. We are doing this both in providers' offices and at community locations.
2) We are working with some providers in different communities to offer Group Medical Appointments for diabetes education and management. This is relatively new for us but by working with providers who have been doing this for longer we are hoping we can provide efficient and effective diabetes care in collaboration with providers.
3) We are offering weekly exercise program for clients with diabetes or prediabetes on Wednesdays in our Brockville site and hope to expand this service to other locations in the future.
4) We are able to provide clients with financial difficulties access to a chiropodist and basic foot care on a short term basis in Smiths Falls and Brockville. We will discuss needs for chiropody clinics in outlying clinics and support others as we are able. We are partnering with other agencies to increase access to chiropody services in North Lanark area, specifically in Carleton Place.
5) We have noticed an increase in the number of clients who are between the ages of 45-64 and so have available evening hours in many of our community sites as well as Brockville and Smith Falls.
6) We are promoting our prediabetes program and would appreciate you referring clients with pre diabetes to our sessions. Clients have communicated that they find these sessions very informative, motivational and enjoyable.